Happy Friday! My pops is in town this weekend from Michigan. Can’t wait to pick his brain on ideas for our house renovation, but we’re also going to have a poker night and hit up the aquarium. This week we cleaned up the “dump room” (you know the one – when you move in and dump all the stuff in one room?) and worked on the basement floors some more. We’ll share what has worked and what hasn’t for that soon!
Onto things you should see this week:
- Emily Bowser shared the ups and downs (so far!) of buying a serious fixer-upper income property in LA and it’s a wild ride (and so honest and well written!)
- Style by Emily Henderson did a big round-up of go-to pottery artists but they’re all out of my price range, so I found a local artist I love whose pieces I can afford
- In the comments of the EHD pottery post, someone shared this maker’s post about why the humble mug is worth the investment and it opened my eyes
- IKEA designs from around the world – five teams outfit a 2-bedroom home for a grandmother, parents, child and baby; how their interpretation based on culture changes is fascinating!
- Have you been following along as Chris Loves Julia renovates? Both phase 1 of their kitchen that they’re doing themselves and the huge project contractors are working on have been so exciting
- I just finished this audiobook and the twists! Did not see them coming
Have a great weekend!