Hi! It’s been a while. I traveled to Phoenix all last week for work and it drained me. Between the time difference and working until very late, I had no time to write. I have less excuses for this past week…
But in Phoenix I did get to spend an evening with my cousins. We went to Snakes and Lattes, a board game restaurant (it’s VERY cool). Then we took a swan-shaped paddle boat out on the Salt River in downtown Phoenix and watched the sunset. It was spectacular and a very fun evening.
Over the last two weeks we’ve also tackled some house projects. 1) We decided to tackle the sunroom ourselves. My dad and I are planning it now and he’s coming down in October to help! 2) We’re working on finishing up the basement apartment so T can move in. The lower cabinets are done, the floors need to be vacuumed (proving to be the most difficult part), then the shuffleboard court repainted, then the floor sealed. I started the concrete countertops this week, too (check Instagram Stories for progress and I’ll share a tutorial when I’m done). 3) Picked out wallpaper for our sunroom built-ins. 4) We’re going to start testing for a crazy idea. Hint: It involves black stain!
Onto some fun things that have caught my eye over the past two weeks!
- This house tour – I mean wow. Maximalist is not my style normally, but I’d love to live in this inspiring home.
- This budget bathroom reno – that blue wall!
- Speaking of budget makeovers…this kitchen is incredible. It exudes that cozy, homey feeling I hope to capture!
- I’m working hard to eliminate waste as much as possible. The Gold Hive is an excellent resource for all things environment, but The Faux Martha also did a great how-to piece on bulk shopping.
- The best places for stylish, affordable decor. Some of these were new to me so it’s a great resource!
- Lastly, have you done the Enneagram test? A true Gemini, I got tied as a 3 and a 9, but really I think I’m more of a 7! Did you think it was accurate for you?