Oh hi! Yes, I’m still alive. Phew. Bet you were worried. The truth is I’ve been traveling a ton (65% of the last three months). After being away I spend my few days home catching up on chores, sleep and time with friends and family so we haven’t had time or energy to focus on the house. Even if we did, we’re caught in a kind of project paralysis. We’re ready to do the kitchen – I know the finishes, products, layout, design I want and we have a contractor ready to help us achieve it. BUT, to do the kitchen we have to boot Roomie from his room (which will become part of the kitchen). We’d like to offer Roomie the master for the inconvenience, but then we’d need to relocate and no other rooms have enough closet space. We could either A) move into the room that will eventually become our master and go ahead and build the closets first but that’s a big project or B) move into either the spare bedroom or the eventual master and buy some temporary clothing storage which is wasteful and not Z’s jam or C) make Roomie move into the spare room, but we’d have to fix the ceiling first which is another big project. Plus our master bath is pretty rough so it’s seems unfair to saddle Roomie with that pre-renovation. What would you do?
It’s just 12 days until Christmas! We technically have TWO Christmas trees…though both are less than two feet tall and more or less undecorated. Anyone else out there just not a huge Christmas person? I do love greenery and garlands, but I’ve never been a big holiday decorator. In the spirit of the season, I’m digging holiday-related articles and ideas:
- Which is better environmentally, a real tree or fake?
- Even better, Ashley at The Gold Hive used scrap branches to make a faux real tree and it’s killer (I also love the minimal decorations – it’s Christmas-y but doesn’t overwhelm me!).
- Grab the tissues because this Christmas tradition will have you tearing up and hopefully ready to start your own white envelope custom.
- Nature is truly incredible. Photographer Alexey Kljatov captured stunning photos of the intricate patterns of snowflakes. Remember how beautiful and special each flake is when you’re shoveling snow this winter!
- I got Zach the GoPro Hero 7 Black for his birthday/Christmas. We used it on our vacation to Greece, Bulgaria and Hungary last week to make daily video diaries of our trip. It was so easy and the quality is great. Cannot recommend enough!